Difference between revisions of "Activities"
m (→Franscisco Lera's PhD dissertation)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
==Lera's PhD dissertation==
Francisco the newest doctor of the groupdefense was held December 11th and he got a "Sobresaliente Cum Laude". CongratulationsFran
Revision as of 19:01, 19 January 2016
Francisco Lera's PhD dissertation
Francisco J. Lera just became the newest doctor of the group. His defense was held on December the 11th and he got a "Sobresaliente Cum Laude". Congratulations, Fran!
RoCKIn 2015 (Lisboa)
[RoCKIn2015], the second and major competition event in the EU-funded robotics project RoCKIn, was held in Lisbon from 21-23 November 2015.
RoCKIn Event 2014 (Toulouse)
(main article of this event here)
RoCKIn Camp 2014 (Rome)
(main article of this event here)
The team was in Rome testing the MYRABot robot. There, we learned different topics about vision, grasping, and natural language understanding. We tested the MB+ (MYRABot+) robot, a modification of MYRABot. Other robots were introduced in this competition, such as REEM from PAL Robotics.
Hack For Good 2013
- European Robotics Week Conference [| Low Cost Robots for RoCKIn Challenge ]November 27th, 2013
- Course Introduction to Mobile Robot Programming (4th edition). October 22nd to 26th , 2012
- Conference "Augmented reality for elderly medication control using a mobile robot" at the Curso de Verano Envejecimiento Activo.
- Conference "The role of edutainment robotics in mechatronics research and teaching" by José Luis Lima and José Gonçalves from the Politechical Institute of Bragança, on November 4, 2011.
- Course Mobile Robot Programming, medium level (1st edition). March 2011.
- Seminar on BICA programming in the SPITeam for the RoboCup2011. Instructors: Francisco Martín and Carlos E. Agüero from URJC Robotics Group.
<wikiflv width="300" height="250" logo="true">/videos/CursoBica.flv</wikiflv>
- Course Introduction to Mobile Robot Programming (3rd edition). December 9 to 23, 2010.
- Course Introduction to Mobile Robot Programming (2nd edition). March 8 to 12, 2010.
<wikiflv width="300" height="250" logo="true">/videos/videoSumo20100312.flv</wikiflv>
- Course Mobile Robot programming. July 1 to 7, 2009.
- CompCog Workshop ESF on Held in the University of León, May 26 to 27, 2009.
- Introduction seminar to Nao programming (Instructor Dr. Francisco Martín Rico),
In the Press
- Award Innovadores Castilla y Leon 2015 (El Mundo, 2015)
- Robots que medican y chalan, coverage by national newspaper of the group's activities (El Mundo, Dec, 2014)
- Innova Award to the best 2014 IT project, given by local newspaper (Diario de León).
- Article about Fernando's work on mobile robots Suplemento Innova (Diario de León)
- Juan Felipe was awarded the Young Talent 2012 title by Diario de León.
- Article about using mobile robots in La Crónica.
- Conference on social robotics applied to handicapped people. Organized by CRE:
- Information about the event at CRE's webpage.
- Press note at Diario de León.
- Press Note about Juan's PhD Viva.
- Yet another info in the local newspaper, about a project on robotics for security.
- The same one in the local TV:
- Another review in the local newspapers: Leonnoticias, and La Crónica, about the team entering the Mediterranean Open (Rome, March 18 to 20, 2010).
- We were proud members of the Spanish Team (SPITeam) in the RoboCup Standard Platform providing a goalkeeper. SPITeam was a joint effort of the [robotics group] of the Rey Juan Carlos University, Rovira y Virgili University and Universidad de León. Last Team Description paper can be found here. Our last competition entrance was in Instambul 2011
- We were previously also proud members of the TeamChaos RoboCup SPL team. We have contributed the goalie to the team for the RoboCup 2009 and German Open 2009.