- Project Name:
Augmented Reality in tele-assitence of elderly people
Director:Francisco Javier Lera Co-Director: Juan Felipe García Sierra Technical Software:Álvaro Botas (Grant) Technical Hardware:Carlos Rodríguez
- Other Information:
* Academic Year: 2011-2012 * SVN Repositories: soon ... Alfa version on demand. * Tags: Augmented Reality, Elderly people, Tele-Assistence * Technology: c++, svn, OpenCV, cmake, OpenGL, Qt, Aruco * State: Development
Catedra Telefónica: Augmented Reality in tele-assitence of elderly people
The main objective of this project is the development of an autonomous system with Augmented Reality. This will be apply in two differents contexts:
- Day2Day help to elderly people in their home.
- A generic teleassistance system.
We are going to adapt part of our software to work with ROS. There are many reasons to that that we are going to present along this page.
- Turtlebot and TurtleRoombot
We are going to present our development.
The team code name is MYRA (Mayores y Realidad Aumentada, elderly and augmented reality in spanish). This development comes from a experimental test carry on in our lab applying AR (augmented reality) in teleoperation tasks.
The components by technologie are:
- ArUco: a minimal library for Augmented Reality applications based on OpenCv
By now, our code is a chaos, but if you want to test it before our alfa release, please feel free to email us