- 1 RoCKIn Camp 2014
- 2 Project Summary
- 3 Robot
- 4 Proposal
RoCKIn Camp 2014
- Project Name:
- Official Web Page
Technical software: Fernando Casado Technical software: Víctor Rodríguez Technical software: Francisco Lera Technical hardware: Carlos Rodríguez
- Other Information:
* Academic Year: 2013-2014 * SVN Repositories: soon ... * Tags: Augmented Reality, Elderly people, Tele-Assistence * Technology: ROS, PCL, c++, svn, OpenCV, cmake, OpenGL, Qt, Aruco, * State: Development
This challenge focuses on domestic service robots. The project aims robots with enhanced networking and cognitive abilities. They will be able to perform socially useful tasks such as supporting the impaired and the elderly (one of the main goal of our group).
In the initial stages of the competition individual robots will begin by overcoming basic individual tasks, such as navigation through the rooms of a house, manipulating objects or recognizing faces, and then coordinate to handle house-keeping tasks simultaneously, some of them in natural interaction with humans.
We want to take part in RoCKIn with the platform developed during the las two years in the Catedra Telefónica-ule.
- iRobot Roomba
- Dinamixel Arm (5x12a)
- wood frame (yes, it is made with wood)
- Notebook (Atom processor) (display+computer are separeted)
- Arduino Mega
- ROS (robot control)
- MYRA (C/C++, ArUCo, Qt, openCV)
We want to deploy in this robot the minimal functional abilities to be part of RoCKIn 2014.
- Person recognition
- Person tracking
- Object recognition
- Speech recognition
- Gesture recognition
Phase I: Initial Setup
- Get arm power from main roomba brush
As we are using ROS, we think that we can find each ability ready to deploy in the robot. In this way we are going to search and test each module to evaluate if we are going to be able to deploy in our robot.
Restriction: ROS Fuerte
Ros: Debugging Techniques
Phase II: Integration and Architecture
Non-Critical (but to-do)
- Android/iOS Teleoperation
- Desktop Qt interface
- Create robot model for Gazebo
- Create robot model for rviz (the same as Gazebo?)
- Computer i7 processor, 8GB RAM, Nvidia (1-2 GB)
- ASUS Xtion Pro Live Color RGB Sensor